HISTORY

HOVER OVER A YEAR TO VIEW INFO.

TAP A YEAR TO VIEW IT'S INFO.

1902

CLICK TO ENLARGE

1931

Our building is constructed

816 N. 9th Ave., originally known as “Crown Chair Company” was constructed in 1902.

1910

CLICK TO ENLARGE

1910

The Globe Bosse World Furniture Company (GBW)

The Globe Bosse World Furniture Company (GBW) was formed in 1910 by three furniture manufacturing plants: Globe Furniture Co. (Est.1899), Bosse Furniture Co. (Est.1905), and World Furniture Co. (Est. 1907). The merge of these companies covered 30 acres west of Pigeon Creek on Maryland Street and was the world’s largest of it’s kind. Each factory was located in close proximity to each other on Maryland Street, and each had access to the Belt Line Railroad, which was located on the west side of Pigeon Creek.

1911

CLICK TO ENLARGE

1911

New factory addition

A new factory addition is added at Maryland & 9th Avenue, expanding the Globe Bosse World Furniture Company (GBW) complex.

1917

CLICK TO ENLARGE

1917

Published furniture ad

Furniture ad published by Globe Bosse World Furniture Company (GBW) in 1917.

1931

CLICK TO ENLARGE

1931

CROWN CHAIR COMPANY BOUGHT OUT

Our building, formally "Crown Chair Company" - is bought by The Globe Bosse World Furniture Company (GBW) in 1931.

1946

1946

The Fire

On January 31, 1946, a roaring inferno destroyed several buildings of Globe-Bosse-World Furniture Company including part of the Crown Chair Company building.

1955-2017

CLICK TO ENLARGE

1955

Stippler Tool & Supply

In 1955, 816 N. 9th Ave. was taken over by Stippler Tool & Supply, Inc. the company occupied the building until 2017 after merging with EBN Industrial Supply.

2018

CLICK TO ENLARGE

2018

DESKTOP DOCTORS & DIGITAL UPGRADE

n 2018, technology companies, Desktop Doctors & Digital Upgrade found a new place to call home, at 816 N. 9th Ave. Since the takeover of the 118-year-old building, there have been many renovations completed to preserve this local piece of Evansville history.